Couplers and Plugs
Quick-disconnect couplers are the fastest, easiest, and most reliable means of joining pneumatic and fluid transfer lines. All quick-disconnect couplers operate on the same principles:
Hardened balls or pins engage a groove in the coupler plug to hold it securely against a soft seal while permitting the assembly to swivel to avoid kinking or twisting the hose.
A sliding sleeve retracts to release the locking balls so the plug can be inserted or removed. The sleeve automatically returns to its locked position when released.
An automatic shutoff valve in the coupler seals instantly upon uncoupling, eliminating the need for a separate shutoff.
- Long service life
- Efficient performance
- Interchangeability with many sizes and styles
- Zinc plating provides a noncorrosive finish
- Heat treating hardens critical wear points
- Molded Buna-N seals create leak-proof connections
- Available in 1/4ʺ, 3/8ʺ, 1/2ʺ, and 3/4ʺ bodies with male and female pipe threads and hose barb or lock-on ends for every application
- For use on compressed air lines up to 300 psi
- Fully interchangeable with couplers and plugs made by other manufacturers
- Channel: Industrial original equipment, automotive aftermarket
- End Market: Automotive, manufacturing & production
- Applications: Air line connectors
- Components: Housing, locking ball, shutoff valve, seal, sliding sleeve
- Couplers & Plugs(PDF)
Need a Valve?
Schrader Pacific Advanced Valves is here to assist with questions about valve development and manufacturing or standard valve product applications. Standard products can be sourced from any of our distributors.