Product Design Engineer
We are seeking an Engineer in Product Design and Application Engineering. This individual will have strong design skills using SolidWorks, supervise a subordinate (possible) and maintain control over engineering documentation, prints, and ECN process. Direct experience in automotive fluid control devices or valve mechanism design is desirable. This individual will work in a cross-functional team environment. We operate under Lean Enterprise methodologies and utilize Six Sigma techniques. Schrader Pacific is a recognized world leader in high quality fluid control devices for the OEM and industrial markets. This position will be based in Altavista, VA.
- Engineer for mature products as assigned.
- Expectation to be involved in any new assigned product development programs that Product Engineering may be involved with.
- Above is only considered a guideline and does not exclude other duties that may be assigned.
- Manage new products as assigned to AQP (Advanced Quality Planning) goals and disciplines (ie: APQP, FMEA’s, etc.).
- To develop new product designs/drafting, as required, consistent with growth objectives.
- Conduct and coordinate product reliability testing to assure all industry standards are met.
- Evaluate new products and components to assure all critical characteristics are within established design requirements.
- Assist in establishing material specifications and requirements.
- Assist in marketing and quality control, as required, with customer contact.
- Work with customers to initiate new products.
- Provide design and development support.
Required Skills and Education:
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineer or similar
- Minimum of 3 Years Related Experience in Product or System Development
- Software Skills: 3D Solid Works and 2D Drafting
- Experience in design, development, validation testing and production launch of new innovative products
- Design and develop test stands and fixtures
- Ability to write technical specifications and technical reports
- Experience in Product Development
- Understanding of quality systems and quality statistics
- Experience in the design of valves desirable
Send your resume to:
Alice Chicoine, Senior Human Resources Manager
Schrader Pacific – Altavista
e // email@example.com
t // 434.369.8833
f // 434.369.2458
205 Frazier Road
Altavista, VA 24517